• The applicant should be a natural-born Filipino citizen and a permanent resident of the Philippines
• The applicant should not be more than thirty-five (35) years of age on the day of the Qualifying Exam on 21 May 2017.
• The applicant should be a holder of at least a four (4) year bachelor's degree or higher.
• The applicant should have been employed or undertaken further studies at least two years after graduating from college or university
• If married to a foreigner, the applicant must secure from the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, through the Board of Foreign Service Examinations, authority to take the FSO Examinations.
• If applicant has dual or multiple citizenship, he/she should submit a notarized affidavit stating that upon passing the examination he/she intends to renounce his/her allegiance to all his/her countries of citizenship.
Applicants for the examination must be knowledgeable on the economic, political and social conditions of the Philippines, and must possess not only facility in oral and written communications but the personality traits essential to the performance of the duties of Foreign Service Officers. They must also be willing to accept assignments to any post where services may be require.
To read the full announcement and to download the application form, please visit: http://dfa.gov.ph/fsoexams/11733-2017-foreign-service-officer-fso-examination.
Application forms shall be duly accomplished by the applicants and submitted in person from 05 February 2017 until 29 March 2017 at any Regional Consular Office or at Philippine Embassies or Consulates abroad, and not later than 05 April 2017 until 5:00 p.m. only at the Board of Foreign Service Examinations (BFSE) Secretariat, 2nd Floor, DFA Main Building, 2330 Roxas Blvd., Pasay City.
For further information, please contact the Board Secretariat through telephone number 834-3080/ 834-3083/ 834-4925 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.